UPGro is planning to have presence at some events during 2016 and organise a few of our own:
Africa Water Week 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (July, 2016)
There will be a strong UPGro presence at this event as part the strategy of engaging with African political leaders and key decision-makers.
Groundwater: Managing our Hidden Asset, Birmingham, UK (13-14 Sep, 2016)
A two-day conference to celebrate the International Association of Hydrogeologists 60th anniversary and the Geological Society Year of Water, hosted by the University of Birmingham. Professor Carter will be presenting UPGro.
43rd IAH Congress, Montpellier, France (25-29 Sep, 2016)
W. Mike Edmunds Memorial Lecture, Oxford, UK (3 Nov, 2016): Prof. Alan MacDonald
7th RWSN Forum, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire (29 Nov – 2 Dec, 2016)
Skat, as UPGro Knowledge Brokers and RWSN Secretariat will be lead organiser of the RWSN Forum, which is the premier global rural water supply event, held every 5 years.
- WEDC Conference, Loughborough, UK (27 – 31 July) Prof. Richard Carter ran an UPGro side event and have a small exhibition stand.
- Stockholm World Water Week, Sweden (23 – 29 August) Dr Kerstin Danert, Sean Furey and Martin Laeng from Skat Foundation ran a major UPGro-RWSN exhibition stand during the week.
- 42nd IAH Congress, Rome, Italy (13 – 18 September) Prof. Richard Carter, Prof. Alan MacDonald, Prof. Richard Taylor and many other UPGro researchers presented at this conference and facilitating sessions.
- 2015 University of Oklahoma International WaTER Conference, USA, (21-23 September) Dr Kerstin Danert has been invited to give a key-note address and will be presenting work on African groundwater, including UPGro.
- 2015 UN Water Annual Conference, Zaragoza, Spain (15-17 January 2015) – Read the blog post
- Groundwater, poverty and development, ODI, London, UK (28 November 2014)
- 41st IAH International Congress “Groundwater : Challenges and Strategies” Marrakech, Morocco (15-19 September, 2014) – Read the blog posts: upgro.org/tag/41-iah-congress-2014/
- Hydrogeology & WASH Conference 2014, The Geological Society, London, UK (5 June 2014)
- “Africa’s ‘hidden water’: can it secure agricultural growth and food security?”. ODI, London, UK. (21 March 2014) Speakers: Prof. Alan MacDonald, Prof. Richard Taylor,
Also see “Webinars and Films” for online presentations of UPGro work
- Reports to NERC are due in February and end of July of each years
- Reports to the PEB on performance against the programme Logical Framework are due each August.